Monday, October 3, 2011

Food Poisoning... Yucky!!!

Sorry I have not blogged in a few days but I have been super duper sick! I thought it was the flu at first because I could not hold anything down for three days. But, my Mom got sick around the same time with the same thing so we think it was food poisoning because my sisters did not get sick. Anyway, it was not fun. I have to say my Mom was so worried about my blood sugar but it was actually fine. I was confused why it was okay. I thought and thought and came to my mind....LANTUS! Lantus  is the shot I take every night in the butt. It's the shot I told you it stings and it is the shot that regulates me through the night to make sure my blood sugar is good during the night.

Today I am much better. I even went to school. Also today I had dance. Remember when I told you last week I felt embarrassed that my Mom told my dance teacher I was diabetic? Well it turns out his Dad is diabetic. He even said he is type 1 and wants the pump. Usually when someone says they have a family member who has diabetes they are not sure what type, or that there is even two types or it is usually type 2. If they had type 1 they would definitely know it. When my Mom talked to my school principal he said he knew about diabetes and asked if I was type 3. Type 3? He asked if I had the device and my Mom said the pump? He said no, it's something else. So it is not your fault not knowing what diabetes is.....just don't say you know and try and listen and educate yourself. That's ALL us diabetics ask.WE DO NOT WANT TO BE TREATED DIFFERENT, we just want awareness so we can find a cure! Until tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment