Sunday, September 25, 2011

Good Sunday!

You know what makes me crazy? All of these Diabetes commercials. Have you ever noticed that every Diabetes commercials has old people in them? I don't think I have ever once seen a commercial with younger kids in it. Why is that? The only kids in the commercial are their grand kids running around. This is what confuses people! Alot of people thinks it's an old disease and it just deals with people being fat and needing to stop eating sugar. It frustrates me. I think if more people knew it kills kids and it's an auto immune disease more people would want to help and find a cure. I think alot of people think oh if they just ate healthier they would be fine, Wrong!! I still don't understand why they don't have kids on the commercial. Maybe I can be the first one!!


I remember when I was diagnosed we saw a family friend. He knew that one of the kids had Diabetes but not which one. He grabbed my little sister Bella and told her he was sorry and she would be okay. I know now he grabbed her because she is bigger then me. Not so much fat but taller and looks older then me. He thought it was all about eating too much sugar and being fat. In fact, my Mom says I'm petite and very thin because of Diabetes. I think she'd right because the more kids I know with Diabetes the more they look like me. My Mom thinks I had Diabetes for years before I was diagnosed.


 I can remember my neighbor visiting me in the hospital and the first thing he said when he came in was your Mom gave you too much Halloween candy. I don't want to sound all mad because I'm just frustrated and tired of Diabetes. I want a cure and I know the only way we can get one is if people know the truth about the disease and we are able to get more money so they can do more research.


Other then all that my day was good. I start swing dancing tomorrow and I'm so excited!!! :) My Mom said I'll be perfect cause the boys can flip me around. My Mom always said being small will be a good thing. Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment